Visitors to Belconnen are sure to enjoy the shopping and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafés, university setting, and sporting events. Around the area, top sights include EPIC, Canberra Stadium, and Telstra Tower.
- You'll find 137 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Canberra
- The closest major airport is in Canberra, ACT (CBR-Canberra Intl.) 13.8 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Belconnen
EPIC, Canberra Stadium, and Telstra Tower are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. Additionally, in the area you'll find Australian National Botanic Gardens and National Zoo and Aquarium.
This is a top rated place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Premier Hotel & Apartments - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Top places to see outside the city include National Museum of Australia, located 5 mi (8 from the city center, and Australian War Memorial, which is 5.6 mi (9 away.
Dressing for Belconnen
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 49°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 70°F, while the average at night is 34°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 63°F with nighttime averages of 34°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 79°F and nighttime averages of 42°F
- About 22.80 inches of rain falls on Belconnen each year
- Usually January and February are the hottest months with an average of 80°F, whereas July and June are often coldest, averaging 35°F