Visiting Waurn Ponds
Visitors to Waurn Ponds are sure to enjoy the shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's wineries, university setting, and seaside.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodations in Waurn Ponds
- The closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (AVV-Avalon) 25.8 from the city center
- The next closest is in Melbourne, VIC (MEB-Essendon) 75.7 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Waurn Ponds
The university setting is a highlight of the city and Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus is worth a campus tour. Additionally, you might want to add Saint Regis Winery to your agenda.
Here's a top accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- Aristocrat Waurnvale Motel - With a stay at this 3.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with in-room LCD TVs. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and quiet location.
Dressing for Waurn Ponds
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 77°F and the nighttime average to be 50°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 69°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September averages 62°F during the day and 41°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 73°F during the day and 44°F at night
- Waurn Ponds gets about 0.79 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually February and January with an average temperature of 75°F, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 41°F