Search Venice City Center, Venice Hotels from AU$86
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Check Venice City Center hotel prices
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 18 Aug. 2020
Reviewed on 27 Aug. 2020
Reviewed on 3 Mar. 2020
Where to stay in Venice City Center
4.5/5Wonderful!(162 area reviews)
One of Venice’s most iconic sights is known all over the world for its historic square, cathedral and surrounding shops and cafés.
5/5Exceptional!(30 area reviews)
One of six districts in Venice, this beautiful area has many sights located along the edge of Venice and on the island of Giudecca.
4.5/5Wonderful!(33 area reviews)
The smallest of Venice’s six districts, this is also one of the oldest. It offers many tourist sites in its palaces, its churches and the Rialto Bridge.
Visiting Venice City Center
History buffs will enjoy a visit to Venice City Center, though many travelers give high marks for the boating, cathedrals, and cafés. This city attracts visitors with its museums, architecture, and art. Top attractions in the city include St. Mark's Basilica, Rialto Bridge, and St Mark's Campanile.
- There are 1315 hotels and other accommodations in Venice City Center
- Closest major airport is in Venice (VCE-Marco Polo) 7.8 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Venice City Center
Museums and art are well-known in the area, and cultural venues include Peggy Guggenheim Museum, Academy Gallery, and Ca' Rezzonico. Notable for its cathedrals, historic sites, and monuments, the city's landmarks include St. Mark's Basilica, Rialto Bridge, and St Mark's Campanile. In Venice City Center you'll find 1315 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you can easily plan your holiday retreat at an affordable rate.
- Residenza Grandi Vedute - Amenities at this residence include free WiFi and an in-room kitchenette. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its location.
- Ca Maria Adele - This townhouse accommodation in Dorsoduro features free breakfast, free WiFi, and a rooftop terrace. Our customers love its helpful staff and location.
- Hotel Moresco - This 4-star hotel in Dorsoduro features free breakfast, free WiFi, and a bar/lounge. Visitors like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Other top sights in Venice City Center include St. Mark's Square, Doge's Palace, and Bridge of Sighs. Outside of the city, popular places to visit include Forte Bazzera located 4.4 mi (7.1 from city center and Sea Life Jesolo which is 15.3 mi (24.7 away.
Getting around Venice City Center
There are several transit options for getting around Venice City Center. If you want to venture outside of the area, take a train from Venice Santa Lucia Station.
Dressing for Venice City Center
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 58°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 31°F
- From April to June, the average is 78°F during the day and 43°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 81°F during the day and 55°F at night
- In October–December, you can expect 69°F as the daytime average and 32°F as the nighttime average
- Venice City Center gets about 33.54 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 79°F while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 33°F
More trip options
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Venice City Center?
- Where to stay near top Venice City Center attractions?
- What kind of hotels are in Venice City Center?
- What are the most popular hotels in Venice City Center?
- Are there hotels near Venice City Center?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends