Visiting Upper Hutt
Visitors can enjoy all that Upper Hutt has to offer including its golf courses. The tucked away and scenic setting also entices those visiting the city. Top sights around the area include Westpac Stadium, Old St Paul's, and St Paul's Cathedral.
- You'll find 127 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Wellington
- The closest major airport is in Paraparaumu (PPQ) 25.7 from the city center
- The next closest is in Wellington (WLG-Wellington Intl.) 31.4 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Upper Hutt
A couple of favorite places to visit are Maidstone Park and Trentham Racecourse. In the area, you'll also find Westpac Stadium and Old St Paul's.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Upper Hutt. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Wallaceville Motor Lodge - This 4-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking, and a conference center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and location.
- Bristol Motel - With a stay at this 3-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and laundry facilities, along with free WiFi.
- Totara Lodge - With a stay at this 3-star motel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, top places to visit include St Paul's Cathedral, located 18.5 mi (29.7 from the heart of the city, and Old Government Buildings, which is 18.6 mi (29.9 away.
Dressing for Upper Hutt
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 69°F and the nighttime average to be 53°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 65°F during the day and 43°F at night
- July through September averages 58°F during the day and 42°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 68°F during the day and 47°F at night
- Upper Hutt gets about 48.98 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually February and January with an average temperature of 68°F, while the coldest months are July and August with an average of 43°F