Travelers to Paraparaumu give high marks for the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy all the city has to offer including its golf courses.
- There are 11 hotels and other accommodations in Paraparaumu
- The closest major airport is in Paraparaumu (PPQ) 2.2 from the city center
- The next closest is in Wellington (WLG-Wellington Intl.) 48.7 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Paraparaumu
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Putangirua Pinnacles, Raumati Beach, and Paraparaumu Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Coastlands Shoppingtown and Lindale Park.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Paraparaumu. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Raumati Sands Resort - This 4-star apartment features free parking, a spa tub, and a seasonal outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and helpful staff.
- Ocean Motel - Our customers like the beach locale and overall value at this motel. This 3-star motel features free WiFi, free parking, and laundry facilities.
- Tudor Manor Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
Dressing for Paraparaumu
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 69°F and the nighttime average to be 53°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 65°F during the day and 43°F at night
- July through September averages 58°F during the day and 42°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 68°F during the day and 47°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Paraparaumu is 48.98 inches
- Hottest months are usually January and February with an average temperature of 68°F, while the coldest months are July and August with an average of 43°F