Search Porirua, Wellington Hotels from AU$103
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Visitors can enjoy all that Porirua has to offer including the ancient ruins, spas, and waterfront. Tourists can also enjoy all the city has to offer including its temples. Top sights around the area include Westpac Stadium, Old St Paul's, and St Paul's Cathedral.
- You'll find 127 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Wellington
- The closest major airport is in Paraparaumu (PPQ) 24.3 from the city center
- The next closest is in Wellington (WLG-Wellington Intl.) 25.6 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Porirua
A favorite place to visit in the city is Pataka Museum of Arts and Culture. Additionally, in the area you'll find Westpac Stadium and Old St Paul's.
This is a top place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Amethyst Court Motorlodge - Our customers like the helpful staff and location at this motel. With a stay at this 3-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and laundry facilities, along with an in-room kitchenette.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include St Paul's Cathedral, located 13.2 mi (21.2 from the city center, and Beehive, which is 13.3 mi (21.4 away.
Getting Around Porirua
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Porirua Station or Porirua Kenepuru Station. Porirua might not have as many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Porirua
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 69°F during the day and 53°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 65°F, while the average at night is 43°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 58°F with nighttime averages of 42°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 68°F and nighttime averages of 47°F
- Average annual rainfall for Porirua is 48.98 inches
- Usually February and January are the hottest months with an average of 68°F, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 43°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Porirua?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Porirua, will I receive a refund?
What's the best hotel for a beach holiday in Porirua?
Recent Reviews in Porirua
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Porirua airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Porirua?
- Where to stay near top Porirua attractions?
- More accommodation types in Porirua
- Which hotel chains are in Porirua?
- What are the most popular hotels in Porirua?
- Are there hotels near Porirua?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends