Search Wellington, Wellington Region Hotels from AU$95
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 13 Jan. 2021
Reviewed on 5 Jan. 2021
Reviewed on 30 Dec. 2020
Travelers to Wellington give high marks for the fascinating museums, beautiful gardens, and bustling port. Welcoming and walkable, this city attracts tourists with its shopping and restaurants. Top sights in the city include Civic Square, Wellington Cable Car, and Te Papa.
- There are 127 hotels and other accommodations in Wellington
- The closest major airport is in Wellington (WLG-Wellington Intl.) 5.6 from the city center
- The next closest is in Paraparaumu (PPQ) 46.5 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Wellington
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Te Papa, Museum of Wellington City and Sea, and Academy Galleries. Attractions like Wellington Cable Car and Wellington Zoo are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for landmarks like Civic Square, Carter Observatory, and Old Government Buildings.
In Wellington, there are 127 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Acorns Wellington Bed and Breakfast - With a stay at this 4-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a terrace, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and location.
- Acorns Wellington Apartment - Our customers like the location at this apartment. With a stay at this 4.5-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to free parking and laundry facilities, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Ava Lodge - Guests who stay at this 4.5-star apartment in Petone can enjoy access to free parking and laundry facilities, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its quiet location and helpful staff.
Other favorite sights in Wellington include Cuba Street Mall, Courtenay Place, and Beehive.
Getting Around Wellington
With so many ways to get around, exploring all of Wellington is easy. If you want to journey outside of the city, hop aboard a train from Wellington Station, Wellington Kaiwharawhara Station, or Wellington Crofton Downs Station. You can catch a ferry from the local port.
Dressing for Wellington
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 69°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 53°F
- From April to June, the average is 65°F during the day and 43°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 58°F during the day and 42°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 68°F as the daytime average and 47°F as the nighttime average
- Wellington gets about 48.98 inches of rain per year
- February and January are usually the hottest months averaging 68°F, while July and August are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 43°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Wellington?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Wellington, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Wellington?
What's the best hotel for a family trip to Wellington?
What's the best place to stay for a couple visiting Wellington?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Wellington?
What's the best place to stay for a beach holiday in Wellington?
What's the best high-end hotel in Wellington?
What's the best boutique-style accommodation in Wellington?
Recent Reviews in Wellington
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Wellington airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Wellington?
- Where to stay near top Wellington attractions?
- More accommodation types in Wellington
- What kind of hotels are in Wellington?
- Which hotel chains are in Wellington?
- What are the most popular hotels in Wellington?
- Are there hotels near Wellington?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends