Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Uckfield, which is also known for its spas and golf courses. Rural and relaxing, this city also attracts tourists with its bars. Top sights around the area include Sheffield Park Garden, Michelham Priory, and Drusilla's Zoo.
- There are 12 hotels and other accommodations in Uckfield
- The closest major airport is in London (LGW-Gatwick) 27.6 from the city center
- The next closest is in London (LCY-London City) 59.5 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Uckfield
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the countryside and these places to visit: Sheffield Park Garden, West Park Nature Reserve, and Wilderness Wood. Golfing is just one of the top activities, while East Sussex National Golf Club and Piltdown Golf Club are sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Bentley Wildfowl and Motor Museum and Bluebell Railway - Sheffield Park Station.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 12 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Uckfield. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Horsted Place - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff.
- The Blackboys Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this inn. This 3.5-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Buxted Park Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Popular places to see outside the city include Michelham Priory, located 8.9 mi (14.3 from the city center, and Drusilla's Zoo, which is 10.5 mi (16.9 away.
Getting Around Uckfield
If you want to journey outside of the area, hop aboard a train from Uckfield Station, Uckfield Buxted Station, or Uckfield Isfield Station. Uckfield may not have many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Uckfield
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 51°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 35°F
- From April to June, the average is 69°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 70°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 60°F as the daytime average and 36°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Uckfield is 0.98 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 69°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 36°F