Visitors to Hailsham are sure to enjoy the gardens and bars. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming and rural setting. Top sights in the city include Herstmonceux Castle and Michelham Priory.
- There are 16 hotels and other accommodations in Hailsham
- The closest major airport is in London (LGW-Gatwick) 44 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Hailsham
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Herstmonceux Castle, Michelham Priory, and Gardens & Grounds of Herstmonceux Castle. Wildlife viewing is a top activity, and Wellshurst Golf Club is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Hailsham Pavilion and Knockhatch Adventure Park.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 16 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Hailsham. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Cleavers Lyng - Guest house - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Relaxinnz The Horseshoe Inn - Our customers like the convenient parking and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- The Corn Exchange - This 3-star inn features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its bar and helpful staff.
Popular places to see in the area include Pevensey Castle, located 4.6 mi (7.3 from the city center, and Drusilla's Zoo, which is 6.5 mi (10.5 away.
Dressing for Hailsham
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 51°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 35°F
- From April to June, the average is 69°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 70°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 60°F as the daytime average and 36°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Hailsham is 0.98 inches
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 69°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 36°F