Visitors are sure to enjoy all the features Stromlo has to offer. Top sights around the area include National Zoo and Aquarium, Telstra Tower, and Australian National Botanic Gardens.
- You'll find 105 Expedia hotels and other accommodation choices in the larger area of Canberra
- The closest major airport is in Canberra, ACT (CBR-Canberra Intl.) 17.9 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Stromlo
A couple of favorite places to visit are Mount Stromblo Observatory and Stromlo Forest Park. Additionally, in the area you'll find National Zoo and Aquarium and Telstra Tower.
Outside of the city, popular places to visit include Australian National Botanic Gardens, located 6.9 mi (11.1 from the city center and National Museum of Australia which is 7.3 mi (11.7 away.
Dressing for Stromlo
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 82°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 49°F
- From April to June, the average is 70°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 63°F during the day and 34°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 79°F as the daytime average and 42°F as the nighttime average
- About 22.80 inches of rain falls on Stromlo each year
- Hottest months are usually January and January with an average temperature of 81°F, while the coldest months are July and July with an average of 34°F