Luxury-minded travelers will find upscale places to stay in Stansted, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its bars, sporting events, and spas. A top sight in the area is Kelvedon Hatch.
- There are 3 hotels and other accommodations in Stansted
- The closest major airport is in London (STN-Stansted) 4.5 from the city center
- The next closest is in Cambridge (CBG) 34.3 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Stansted
A couple of favorite places to visit are Mountfitchet Castle and House on the Hill Toy Museum. Additionally, you'll find Kelvedon Hatch in the area.
Here's a top place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hampton By Hilton London Stansted Airport - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a 24-hour fitness center, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and clean, quiet rooms.
Getting Around Stansted
To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Stansted Mountfitchet Station. Stansted may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Stansted
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 52°F and the nighttime average to be 34°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 69°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September averages 72°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 61°F during the day and 36°F at night
- Stansted gets about 0.87 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 70°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 35°F