Visiting Bishop's Stortford
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Bishop's Stortford, and visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene, top-notch restaurants, and abundant coffeehouses. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming and walkable setting. A top sight in the area is Kelvedon Hatch.
- There are 27 hotels and other accommodations in Bishop's Stortford
- The closest major airport is in London (STN-Stansted) 4.3 from the city center
- The next closest is in Cambridge (CBG) 37.3 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Bishop's Stortford
Favorite places to visit in the city include Bishop's Stortford Golf Club, Rhodes Arts Complex, and Hatfield Forest. Additionally, you'll find Kelvedon Hatch in the area.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 27 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Bishop's Stortford. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Little Bullocks Farm - With a stay at this 4-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a free area shuttle, along with an in-room coffeemaker. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to the airport.
- The Cottage Guest House - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this guesthouse. Amenities in this 3.5-star guesthouse accommodation include free WiFi and a coffee maker.
- Radisson Blu Hotel London Stansted Airport - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 3 restaurants and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and WiFi.
Getting Around Bishop's Stortford
If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Bishops Stortford Station, Stansted Airport Station, or Bishop's Stortford Elsenham Station. Bishop's Stortford may not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Bishop's Stortford
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 52°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 34°F
- From April to June, the average is 69°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 72°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 61°F as the daytime average and 36°F as the nighttime average
- About 0.87 inches of rain falls on Bishop's Stortford each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 70°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 35°F