Search Shanghai, China Hotels from AU$93
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 19 Jan. 2020
History buffs will enjoy exploring Shanghai, and visitors give high marks for the fascinating museums, shopping, and temples. This city also attracts tourists with its sightseeing tours and restaurants. Top sights in the city include The Bund, Jing An Temple, and People's Square.
- There are 1336 hotels and other accommodations in Shanghai
- The closest major airport is in Shanghai (SHA-Hongqiao Intl.) 12.9 from the city center
- The next closest is in Shanghai (PVG-Pudong Intl.) 32.7 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Shanghai
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Shanghai Museum, Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum, and Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Center. Its temples and historic sites are notable and landmarks include The Bund, Jing An Temple, and People's Square. The picturesque setting of Yu Yuan Garden and Pudong Riverside Promenade and Park exemplify the city's natural beauty.
In Shanghai, you'll be able to select from 1336 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Obo Shanghai - This 3.5-star apartment in Pudong features free WiFi, a fitness center, and a free area shuttle. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
- Fairmont Peace Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 5-star hotel in Downtown Shanghai features a full-service spa, 3 restaurants, and an indoor pool.
- Four Seasons Hotel Shanghai at Pudong - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Downtown Shanghai can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and helpful staff.
Other favorite sights in Shanghai include Nanjing Road Shopping District, Old Chinese City, and Xintiandi.
Getting Around Shanghai
With so many choices for transportation, exploring all of Shanghai is simple. You can walk to nearby metro stations including People's Square Station, Dashijie Station, and Xinzha Road Station. If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Shanghai Railway Station, Shanghai South Railway Station, or Shanghai Hongqiao Railway Station.
Dressing for Shanghai
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 60°F during the day and 35°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 84°F, while the average at night is 48°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 89°F with nighttime averages of 66°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 76°F and nighttime averages of 38°F
- About 45.31 inches of rain falls on Shanghai each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 86°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 38°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Shanghai?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Shanghai, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Shanghai?
What's the best accommodation option for a family holiday to Shanghai?
What's the best hotel for a romantic holiday to Shanghai?
What's the best place to stay for a beach holiday in Shanghai?
What's the best high-end hotel in Shanghai?
What's the best boutique-style accommodation in Shanghai?
What's the best golf hotel in Shanghai?
What's the best hotel in Shanghai that's close to historical sites?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Shanghai?
Recent Reviews in Shanghai
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Shanghai airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Shanghai?
- Where to stay near top Shanghai attractions?
- More accommodation types in Shanghai
- What kind of hotels are in Shanghai?
- Which hotel chains are in Shanghai?
- What are the most popular hotels in Shanghai?
- Are there hotels near Shanghai?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends