Families enjoy visiting Sandy though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's football games and shopping. A top sight in the area is Blue.
- You'll find 121 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Mt. Hood
- The closest major airport is in Portland, OR (PDX-Portland Intl.) 42.1 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Sandy
A couple of favorite places to visit are Sandy Actors Theatre and Jonsrud Viewpoint. You'll also find The Spiral Gallery and Larch Mountain in the area.
Below is a top rated place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Best Western Sandy Inn - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
A popular place to see outside the city is End of the Oregon Trail Interpretive Center, located 22.1 mi (35.5 from the city center.
Dressing for Sandy
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 59°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 33°F
- From April to June, the average is 78°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 71°F as the daytime average and 32°F as the nighttime average
- About 46.89 inches of rain falls on Sandy each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 81°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 34°F