Visiting The Dalles
Families will find kid-friendly activities in The Dalles, and visitors give high marks for the riverfront and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its museums and wineries. In The Dalles, there are 11 hotels and other accommodations to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in The Dalles
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Fort Dalles Museum, The Dalles Dam Visitor Center, and Columbia Gorge Discovery Center and Wasco County Museum. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the riverfront and such places to visit as Tom McCall Preserve and Memaloose State Park. Top activities include fishing and wine tasting, while Pines 1852 Winery is one place to visit.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in The Dalles. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites The Dalles - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and convenient parking.
- Celilo Inn - Our customers like the overall value and quiet location at this motel. This 2.5-star motel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Comfort Inn Columbia Gorge - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its location and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for The Dalles
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 62°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 28°F
- From April to June, the average is 84°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 91°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 76°F as the daytime average and 28°F as the nighttime average
- The Dalles gets about 13.86 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 88°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 29°F