Visiting Hood River
Travelers to Hood River give high marks for the riverfront and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its breweries, wineries, and sporting events.
- There are 31 hotels and other accommodations in Hood River
- The closest major airport is in Portland, OR (PDX-Portland Intl.) 84.6 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Hood River
The riverfront and hiking trails highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Panorama Point County Park, Vinzenz Lausmann Memorial State Natural Area, and Lost Lake. Wine tasting is one of the top activities, while Hood River Marina, Indian Creek Golf Course, and Hood River Golf Course are favorite sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Mount Hood Railroad and History Museum of Hood River County.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 31 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Hood River. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Hood River - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Best Western Plus Hood River Inn - Our customers like the pool and room size at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- Westcliff Lodge - This 2-star motel features free WiFi, free parking, and a terrace. Expedia customers like its central location and helpful staff.
Dressing for Hood River
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 62°F and the nighttime average to be 28°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 84°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September averages 91°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 76°F during the day and 28°F at night
- Hood River gets about 13.86 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 88°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 29°F