Visitors give high marks for the local tours in Quito, which is also known for its cathedral and cafés. This culturally-rich city also attracts tourists with its museums and volcano viewpoints. Top sights in the city include El Panecillo, Mitad del Mundo Monument, and Atahualpa Olympic Stadium.
- There are 307 hotels and other accommodations in Quito
- The closest major airport is in Quito (UIO-Mariscal Sucre Intl.) 15.8 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Quito
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Museo de Ciencias Naturales, Mindalae Museum, and Museo Amazonico. The city is notable for its cathedral and landmarks like Mitad del Mundo Monument, Basilica of the National Vow, and Independence Square. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the volcanoes and El Panecillo.
In Quito, you'll be able to select from 307 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Casa El Edén - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and concierge services.
- Eb Hotel By Eurobuilding Airport Quito - Our customers like the helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel Casa Ecuatreasures Centro Histórico - This 3.5-star guesthouse features free breakfast, free WiFi, and concierge services. Expedia customers like its walkable location and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other favorite sights in Quito include Atahualpa Olympic Stadium, Quito Cathedral, and Casa Blanca Stadium.
Dressing for Quito
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 65°F during the day and 48°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 65°F, while the average at night is 48°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 67°F with nighttime averages of 47°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 67°F and nighttime averages of 47°F
- About 1.61 inches of rain falls on Quito each year
- Usually August and September are the hottest months with an average of 67°F, whereas August and September are often coldest, averaging 47°F