Guests will want to experience the cafés, restaurants, and beaches in Petone. Welcoming and walkable, this city attracts visitors with its shopping. Top attractions around the area include Westpac Stadium, Old St Paul's, and St Paul's Cathedral.
- There are 9 hotels and other accommodations in Petone
- Closest major airport is in Wellington (WLG-Wellington Intl.) 12.8 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Petone
The seaside and beach highlight the natural beauty, and Mount Victoria Lookout, Botanic Gardens, and Matiu - Somes Island are worth a visit. Shopping is tops in the area, and Cuba Street Mall is a favorite locale for retail therapy. With 9 hotels and other accommodations in Petone, you'll find holiday getaways at affordable rates.
- Ava Lodge - This 4.5-star apartment in Petone features free WiFi, free self parking, and laundry facilities. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and comfy beds.
- Kenlea Cottage - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast in Petone, you'll have access to free breakfast, free WiFi, and pillowtop beds. Our customers like its breakfast and location.
- B-K's Esplanade Motor Lodge - With a stay at this 4-star motel in Petone, you'll have access to free WiFi, free self parking, and a flat-screen TV. Visitors like its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
Outside of the city, popular places to visit include Westpac Stadium located 6 mi (9.7 from city center and Old St Paul's which is 6.4 mi (10.2 away.
Getting around Petone
With so many convenient choices for transportation, seeing Petone is simple. To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Lower Hutt Petone Station. You can cross the water in a ferry from the local port.
Dressing for Petone
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 69°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 53°F
- From April to June, the average is 65°F during the day and 43°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 58°F during the day and 42°F at night
- In October–December, you can expect 68°F as the daytime average and 47°F as the nighttime average
- Petone gets about 49.13 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually January and February with an average temperature of 68°F while the coldest months are July and August with an average of 43°F