Visiting Mauritius Island
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Mauritius Island, though many visitors give high marks for the beaches, sporting events, and snorkeling. This city also attracts visitors with its relaxing ambiance. Top attractions in the city include Ile aux Cerfs Beach, Tamarind Falls, and Immigration Depot.
- There are 409 hotels and other accommodations in Mauritius Island
- Closest major airport is in Mahebourg (MRU-Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam Intl.) 21 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Mauritius Island
Families come for attractions such as Pamplemousses Botanical Garden, Casela Nature and Leisure Park, and Casela World of Adventures. The natural setting of the beach is picturesque, and places to visit include Ile aux Cerfs Beach, Tamarind Falls, and Ganga Talao. In Mauritius Island you'll find 409 hotels and other accommodations making it easy to plan your holiday getaway at an affordable rate.
- Constance Prince Maurice - Amenities at this 5-star resort include 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff.
- The Oberoi Mauritius - Amenities at this 5-star hotel include 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa. Our customers love its pool and location.
- VillaSun - Amenities at this 4-star apartment include an outdoor pool and free WiFi. Visitors like its pool and helpful staff.
Other top sights in Mauritius Island include Immigration Depot, Caudan Waterfront, and Flic-en-Flac Beach.
Dressing for Mauritius Island
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 73°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 83°F, while the average at night is 65°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 78°F with nighttime averages of 65°F
- In October–December, you can expect daytime averages of 85°F and nighttime averages of 67°F
- Average annual rainfall for Mauritius Island is 1.22 inches
- Hottest months are usually February and January with an average temperature of 85°F while the coldest months are August and September with an average of 65°F