Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Balaclava, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the beaches, sporting events, and spas. Tourists can also enjoy all the city has to offer including its cocktail bars. Around the area, top sights include Trou aux Biches Beach, Immigration Depot, and Pamplemousses Botanical Garden.
- There are 8 hotels and other accommodations in Balaclava
- The closest major airport is in Mahebourg (MRU-Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam Intl.) 42.7 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Balaclava
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Turtle Bay and Turtle Bay Marine Park. In the area, you'll also find Trou aux Biches Beach and Immigration Depot.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Balaclava. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Oberoi Mauritius - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and helpful staff.
- The Westin Turtle Bay Resort & Spa, Mauritius - Our customers like the beach locale and pool at this hotel. With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi.
- Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius - With a stay at this 5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 6 restaurants, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and helpful staff.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Pamplemousses Botanical Garden, located 5.2 mi (8.4 from the heart of the city, and Caudan Waterfront, which is 5.3 mi (8.6 away.
Dressing for Balaclava
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 85°F and the nighttime average to be 73°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 83°F during the day and 65°F at night
- July through September averages 78°F during the day and 65°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 85°F during the day and 67°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Balaclava is 1.22 inches
- Hottest months are usually January and February with an average temperature of 85°F, while the coldest months are August and September with an average of 65°F