Families will find kid-friendly activities in Launceston, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants, shopping, and beautiful waterfalls. Tourists can also enjoy all the city has to offer including its museums.
- You'll find 90 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Launceston
- The closest major airport is in Launceston, TAS (LST) 13 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Launceston
Cultural venues in the city include Queen Victoria Museum, 1842 Gallery, and Design Centre of Tasmania. The waterfalls and parks exemplify the city's natural beauty and places to visit include Royal Park and City Park. Shopping is a favorite activity, so consider an excursion to Brisbane Street Mall and Quadrant Mall.
In Launceston, you'll be able to select from 50 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Alice's Cottages and Spa Hideaways - Guests who stay at this 4-star cottage in Launceston CBD can enjoy access to free parking and laundry facilities, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and comfortable beds.
- Terrace on Walbourne - Located in Launceston CBD, this 4-star apartment features a kitchen, free WiFi, and a balcony.
Dressing for Launceston
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 74°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 46°F
- From April to June, the average is 66°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 59°F during the day and 36°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 72°F as the daytime average and 41°F as the nighttime average
- About 27.09 inches of rain falls on Launceston each year
- February and January are usually the hottest months averaging 73°F, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 37°F