A stunning place to stay for those who love a more modern aesthetic, which we did. Big and well-insulated rooms, a great bathroom, nice lighting and decor. The memory foam bed was comfortable for me but my travel companion didn't like it as much as she was a lot lighter and didn't sink into the bed, so it was too firm for her. Good room security, although the door not closed buzzer took us a little while to understand what it was.
As great as the hotel was, we sadly had a bad experience dining there. The service and quality of the dining were exceptional, but we shared the calamari entree and later that night we were to experience the worst food poisoning we had both had since we could remember. Was so bad for me I nearly called the ambulance at 4 in the morning! Being frazzled with no energy the next morning I didn't confront/ mention it to the pleasant reception staff, but after conferring with my travel colleague in the car an hour later, she said she had the exact same thing as me happen earlier in the night.
We figure the restaurant probably isn't that busy and possibly the calamari had been sitting too long and created the issue. As it was the only part of the meal we shared, it had to be it? Something I think the management needs to have a good deeper look at, as apart from this it would have been a really good stay.
I'll stay there again, but won't be getting the calamari...