Search Lake Lucerne, Switzerland Hotels from AU$118
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 21 Dec. 2019
Reviewed on 28 Dec. 2019
Visiting Lake Lucerne
Visitors give high marks for the tours, boating, and mountain ranges in Lake Lucerne. This walkable, lakefront city also attracts visitors with its cafés, shopping, and chocolate. Top attractions in the city include Swiss Transportation Museum, Chapel Bridge, and Loewenplatz.
- There are 121 hotels and other accommodations in Lake Lucerne
- Closest major airport is in Zurich (ZRH) 51.8 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Lake Lucerne
The lakeside, mountain ranges, and hiking trails provide a picturesque setting, and Wissifluh Cable Car, Hammetschwand Lift, and Gersau Lakeside Terrace are places to visit. Shopping is tops in the area, and Metalli Shopping Centre is a favorite locale for retail therapy. In Lake Lucerne you'll find 121 hotels and other lodging options making it easy to plan your perfect vacation at an affordable rate.
- Hotel Villa Honegg - Amenities at this 5-star hotel include a full-service spa and free WiFi.
- Palace Luzern - Amenities at this 5-star hotel include a full-service spa and a restaurant. Our customers like its helpful staff and WiFi.
- Hotel Nidwaldnerhof - Amenities at this 3-star hotel include free breakfast and a restaurant. Visitors love its restaurant and helpful staff.
Other top sights in Lake Lucerne include Swiss Transportation Museum, Chapel Bridge, and Loewenplatz. A popular sight you might want to visit outside of the city is Mount Pilatus located 9.4 mi (15.2 from city center.
Getting around Lake Lucerne
Lake Lucerne has transportation options to help you get around the area. If you're looking to journey outside of the area, take a train from Kuessnacht Am Rigi Station, Hergiswil Station, or Ingenbohl Brunnen Station.
Dressing for Lake Lucerne
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 52°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 24°F
- From April to June, the average is 71°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 73°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October–December, you can expect 59°F as the daytime average and 25°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Lake Lucerne is 1.06 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 71°F while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 26°F
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Where to stay near top Lake Lucerne attractions?
- More accommodation types in Lake Lucerne
- What kind of hotels are in Lake Lucerne?
- Which hotel chains are in Lake Lucerne?
- What are the most popular hotels in Lake Lucerne?
- Are there hotels near Lake Lucerne?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends