Search Jamaica, New York Hotels from AU$123
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Jamaica, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, top-notch restaurants, and lively bar scene. Tourists can also enjoy the city's architecture, cafés, and live music. Long Beach, Floating Pool, and Brooklyn Bridge are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 1355 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of New York
- The closest major airport is in New York, NY (JFK-John F. Kennedy Intl.) 3 from the city center
- The next closest is in New York, NY (LGA-LaGuardia) 13.5 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Jamaica
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Jamaica Colosseum Mall is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Prospect Cemetery and King Manor Museum.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 44 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Jamaica. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Courtyard by Marriott New York JFK Airport - Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Queens can enjoy access to a restaurant and a fitness center, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hampton Inn JFK Airport - Our customers like the room size and overall condition at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Queens can enjoy access to free breakfast and a fitness center, along with free WiFi.
- Fairfield Inn by Marriott JFK Airport - Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Queens can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Top places to visit outside the city include Long Beach, located 8.8 mi (14.1 from the city center, and Floating Pool, which is 10.7 mi (17.1 away.
Getting Around Jamaica
With so many ways to get around, exploring Jamaica is simple. You can take advantage of metro transit at Terminal 1, Archer Av. Station, and Sutphin Blvd. Station. If you want to journey outside of the city, ride aboard a train from Jamaica Locust Manor Station, Jamaica St. Albans Station, or Jamaica Station.
Dressing for Jamaica
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 54°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 26°F
- From April to June, the average is 82°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 84°F during the day and 55°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 70°F as the daytime average and 28°F as the nighttime average
- Jamaica gets about 42.76 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 82°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 28°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Jamaica?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Jamaica, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Jamaica?
What's the best accommodation option for a family trip to Jamaica?
What's the best place to stay for a couple visiting Jamaica?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Jamaica?
What's the best place to stay for a beach holiday in Jamaica?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Jamaica?
Recent Reviews in Jamaica
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Jamaica airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Jamaica?
- Where to stay near top Jamaica attractions?
- More accommodation types in Jamaica
- What kind of hotels are in Jamaica?
- Which hotel chains are in Jamaica?
- What are the most popular hotels in Jamaica?
- Are there hotels near Jamaica?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends