Search Cheap Hotels in Hobart AU$100
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Where to stay in Hobart
Take it easy in Battery Point, where a maze of narrow laneways will reveal quaint cafés and galleries to intrepid wanderers.
Step back in time in this colonial town as you explore more than 50 Georgian buildings that have been brought back to life as cafés, restaurants and stores.
Discover Tasmania’s pioneer heritage in the historic sites, including one of the country’s oldest pubs, at this town on the Derwent River.
The suburb of Claremont juts out onto a peninsula in the Derwent River and is the home of New Zealand’s Cadbury Chocolate Factory.
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Hobart, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, top-notch restaurants, and bustling marina. This city also attracts tourists with its local tours. Top sights in the city include Salamanca Market, Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens, and Cascade Brewery.
- There are 208 hotels and other accommodations in Hobart
- The closest major airport is in Hobart, TAS (HBA-Hobart Intl.) 15.3 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Hobart
Families come for attractions such as Hobart Aquatic Centre, Subantarctic Plant House, and Zoodoo Zoo. The city's natural beauty is on display at Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens, Mount Nelson Lookout, and Mt. Wellington. Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to Salamanca Market, Brooke Street Pier, and Eastlands Shopping Centre.
In Hobart, you'll find 208 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Otago Cottage - Our customers like the location at this cottage. This 4-star cottage features free WiFi, free parking, and laundry facilities.
- Walton House - This 4.5-star guesthouse features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean rooms.
Other top sights in Hobart include Cascade Brewery and Museum of Old and New Art.
Getting Around Hobart
With so many choices for transportation, exploring Hobart is simple. To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Tasmanian Transport Museum Station. You can learn about options for water transportation at the local marina.
Dressing for Hobart
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 72°F during the day and 49°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 67°F, while the average at night is 40°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 61°F with nighttime averages of 39°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 71°F and nighttime averages of 45°F
- Hobart gets about 20.63 inches of rain per year
- Usually February and January are the hottest months with an average of 71°F, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 40°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Hobart?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Hobart, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Hobart?
What's the best accommodation option for a family holiday in Hobart?
What's the best accommodation for couples in Hobart?
What's the best place to stay for a beach holiday in Hobart?
What's the best luxury accommodation option in Hobart?
What's the best boutique-style accommodation in Hobart?
What's the best place to stay if I'm looking to play golf in Hobart?
Recent Reviews in Hobart
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Hobart airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Hobart?
- Where to stay near top Hobart attractions?
- More accommodation types in Hobart
- What kind of hotels are in Hobart?
- Which hotel chains are in Hobart?
- What are the most popular hotels in Hobart?
- Are there hotels near Hobart?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends