Search Hamburg, Hamburg Hotels from AU$79
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Hamburg, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, fascinating museums, and bustling port. This city also attracts tourists with its theaters, restaurants, and churches. Top sights in the city include Hamburg City Hall, Moenckebergstrasse, and Hamburger Kunsthalle.
- There are 357 hotels and other accommodations in Hamburg
- The closest major airport is in Hamburg (HAM) 9.1 from the city center
- The next closest is in Luebeck (LBC) 54.6 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Hamburg
The city is well known for its theaters and museums, and cultural venues include Hamburger Kunsthalle, Bucerius Kunst Forum, and Thalia-Theater. The city is notable for its churches and landmarks such as St. Michaelis Church. Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to Moenckebergstrasse, Fish Market, and Alsterarkaden.
In Hamburg, you'll be able to select from 357 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Fairmont Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Hamburg - This 5-star hotel in Neustadt features a full-service spa, 5 restaurants, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff.
- 25hours Hotel Altes Hafenamt - Our customers like the helpful staff and room size at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Altstadt can enjoy access to a restaurant and a fitness center, along with free WiFi.
- THE MADISON Hotel Hamburg - This 4.5-star hotel in Neustadt features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a bar. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and room size.
Other favorite sights in Hamburg include Hamburg City Hall, Hagenbeck Zoo, and Volksparkstadion.
Getting Around Hamburg
With so many ways to get around, seeing all of Hamburg is simple. You can take advantage of metro transit at Rathaus U-Bahn, Jungfernstieg Station, and Stadthausbrücke S-Bahn. If you want to journey outside of the city, hop aboard a train from Hamburg Central Station, Hamburg Dammtor Station, or Sternschanze Station. You can find out about options for water transportation at the port.
Dressing for Hamburg
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 49°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 28°F
- From April to June, the average is 70°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 73°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 60°F as the daytime average and 29°F as the nighttime average
- Hamburg gets about 27.68 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 71°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 28°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Hamburg?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Hamburg, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Hamburg?
What's the best accommodation option for a family trip to Hamburg?
What's the best accommodation for couples in Hamburg?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Hamburg?
What's the best accommodation option for a beach holiday in Hamburg?
What's the best luxury place to stay in Hamburg?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in Hamburg?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Hamburg?
Recent Reviews in Hamburg
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Hamburg airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Hamburg?
- Where to stay near top Hamburg attractions?
- More accommodation types in Hamburg
- What kind of hotels are in Hamburg?
- Which hotel chains are in Hamburg?
- What are the most popular hotels in Hamburg?
- Are there hotels near Hamburg?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends