Travelers to Elizabeth give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its entertainment choices, monuments, and opera houses. Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island Immigration Museum, and Ellis Island are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 81 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Newark
- The closest major airport is in Newark, NJ (EWR-Liberty Intl.) 3.2 from the city center
- The next closest is in Linden, NJ (LDJ) 7 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Elizabeth
The city is notable for its monuments and landmarks such as St. Patrick's Church. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Jersey Gardens Outlet Mall is a favorite for retail therapy. Additionally, in the area you'll find Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island Immigration Museum.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 13 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Elizabeth. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Embassy Suites Newark Airport - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an indoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and proximity to the airport.
- Renaissance Newark Airport Hotel - Our customers like the bar and overall value at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, a fitness center, and a bar.
- Courtyard Newark Elizabeth - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and helpful staff.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Ellis Island, located 8.4 mi (13.5 from the city center, and Brooklyn Bridge, which is 10.7 mi (17.2 away.
Getting Around Elizabeth
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Elizabeth Station or North Elizabeth Station. Elizabeth might not have as many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Elizabeth
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 56°F during the day and 24°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 85°F, while the average at night is 39°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 86°F with nighttime averages of 54°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 71°F and nighttime averages of 26°F
- About 46.26 inches of rain falls on Elizabeth each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 85°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 26°F