Search Cape Town, Western Cape Hotels from AU$86
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 7 Mar. 2020
Reviewed on 28 Feb. 2020
Reviewed on 6 Oct. 2020
Where to stay in Cape Town
Visiting Cape Town
Travelers to Cape Town give high marks for the magnificent mountain views, local tours, and seaside. This city also attracts tourists with its museums, wineries, and seafood restaurants. Top sights in the city include Table Mountain, Greenmarket Square, and Castle of Good Hope.
- There are 1908 hotels and other accommodations in Cape Town
- The closest major airport is in Cape Town (CPT-Cape Town Intl.) 16.9 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Cape Town
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include South African National Gallery, Africa Centre, and Koopmans-de Wet House. The city is notable for landmarks like Table Mountain, Greenmarket Square, and Castle of Good Hope. The mountain views, seaside, and hiking trails highlight the city's natural beauty, and Kirstenbosch National Botanical Gardens, Boulders Beach, and Cape of Good Hope are worth a visit.
In Cape Town, there are 1908 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- La Cabrière Country House - This 4-star guesthouse features 2 outdoor pools, free breakfast, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and location.
- Holden Manz Country House - With a stay at this 5-star country house, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
- Underberg House - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star guesthouse in Cape Town City Centre can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and quiet location.
Other favorite sights in Cape Town include Cape Town International Convention Centre, Two Oceans Aquarium, and Cape Town Stadium.
Getting Around Cape Town
With so many ways to get around, seeing Cape Town is easy. You can take advantage of metro transit at Esplanade Station, Woodstock Station, and Salt River Station. To see more of the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Cape Town Station or Cape Town Bellville Station.
Dressing for Cape Town
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 80°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 56°F
- From April to June, the average is 75°F during the day and 46°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 68°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 78°F as the daytime average and 50°F as the nighttime average
- Cape Town gets about 0.79 inches of rain per year
- February and January are usually the hottest months averaging 79°F, while July and August are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 46°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Cape Town?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Cape Town, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Cape Town?
What's the best accommodation option for families in Cape Town?
What's the best accommodation for a couple visiting Cape Town?
What's the best LGBTQ-friendly hotel in Cape Town?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Cape Town?
What's the best place to stay to stay near the beach in Cape Town?
What's the best luxury place to stay in Cape Town?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in Cape Town?
What's the best golf hotel in Cape Town?
Recent Reviews in Cape Town
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Cape Town airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Cape Town?
- Where to stay near top Cape Town attractions?
- More accommodation types in Cape Town
- What kind of hotels are in Cape Town?
- Which hotel chains are in Cape Town?
- What are the most popular hotels in Cape Town?
- Are there hotels near Cape Town?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends