Families will find kid-friendly activities in Barton, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and lively bar scene. Welcoming and walkable, this city will delight tourists with its shopping, coffeehouses, and spas. Top sights around the area include EPIC, National Gallery of Australia, and Old Parliament House.
- You'll find 137 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Canberra
- The closest major airport is in Canberra, ACT (CBR-Canberra Intl.) 5 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Barton
Favorite places to visit in the city include Aqua Soul Spa, Arkaroo Rock, and Azure Spa at Lizard Island. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Kingston and Arthur's Vale Historic Area and Waddy Point.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Barton. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Realm - Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Capital Hill can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and overall value.
- Burbury Hotel & Apartments - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and comfortable, quiet rooms at this apartment. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star apartment in Capital Hill can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi.
- Little National Hotel - This 4-star hotel in Capital Hill features an indoor pool, free WiFi, and a 24-hour fitness center. Expedia customers like its overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to see include EPIC, located 5.3 mi (8.5 from the city center, and National Gallery of Australia, which is 0.5 mi (0.9 away.
Dressing for Barton
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 82°F and the nighttime average to be 49°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 70°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September averages 63°F during the day and 34°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 79°F during the day and 42°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Barton is 22.80 inches
- Hottest months are usually January and February with an average temperature of 80°F, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 35°F