Travelers to Ambleside give high marks for the lakeside setting, relaxing spas, and top-notch restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's parks and football games. A top sight in the city is Hill Top. In Ambleside, there are 146 hotels and other accommodations to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Ambleside
Cultural venues in the city include Hill Top, Armitt Museum and Gallery, and Wray Castle. The lakeside and hiking trails highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Dora's Field, Wansfell Pike, and Skelwith Force. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Ambleside Pier and Rydal Mount.
In Ambleside, you'll find 146 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Chestnut Villa - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and convenient parking.
- Rothay Garden Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- High Grassings Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and quiet location.
Dressing for Ambleside
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 52°F during the day and 33°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 66°F, while the average at night is 38°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 67°F with nighttime averages of 47°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 59°F and nighttime averages of 35°F
- Average annual rainfall for Ambleside is 0.83 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 67°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 34°F