Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Luxury-minded travelers will find upscale places to stay in Alexandria, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and lively bar scene. Welcoming and relaxing, this city attracts tourists with its spas and golf courses. Benmore Botanic Garden, Paisley Abbey, and Botanic Gardens are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 31 hotels and other accommodations in Alexandria
- The closest major airport is in Glasgow (GLA-Glasgow Intl.) 23.7 from the city center
- The next closest is in Glasgow (PIK-Prestwick) 60.7 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Alexandria
The picturesque setting of Loch Lomond and Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park exemplify the city's natural beauty. Top activities include boating and golfing, while Loch Lomond Golf Club is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Balloch Castle and Loch Lomond Shores.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 31 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Alexandria. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Ardoch Cottage B&B - Amenities at this 4-star bed & breakfast include free breakfast and free WiFi. Expedia travelers love its dining options and quiet location.
- Loch Lomond Arms Hotel - Our customers like the helpful staff and clean rooms at this inn. This 4-star inn features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Cameron House on Loch Lomond - This 5-star hotel features a marina, a full-service spa, and a golf course. Expedia customers like its pool and helpful staff.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Benmore Botanic Garden, located 14.6 mi (23.5 from the city center, and Paisley Abbey, which is 16.2 mi (26 away.
Getting Around Alexandria
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Alexandria Balloch Station or Alexandria Station. Alexandria might not have as many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Alexandria
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 49°F during the day and 34°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 65°F, while the average at night is 39°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 66°F with nighttime averages of 47°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 57°F and nighttime averages of 35°F
- Alexandria gets about 52.09 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 65°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 35°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Alexandria?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Alexandria, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Alexandria?
What's the best hotel when travelling with children to Alexandria?
What's the best accommodation for a romantic holiday to Alexandria?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Alexandria?
What's the best accommodation option for a beach holiday in Alexandria?
What's the best high-end place to stay in Alexandria?
What's the best boutique accommodation in Alexandria?
What's the best golf hotel in Alexandria?
Recent Reviews in Alexandria
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Alexandria airport?
- Where to stay near top Alexandria attractions?
- More accommodation types in Alexandria
- Which hotel chains are in Alexandria?
- What are the most popular hotels in Alexandria?
- Are there hotels near Alexandria?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends