Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Arrochar, which is also known for its bars and mountain views. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming and scenic setting. A top sight in the area is Benmore Botanic Garden.
- There are 14 hotels and other accommodations in Arrochar
- The closest major airport is in Glasgow (GLA-Glasgow Intl.) 47.1 from the city center
- The next closest is in Glasgow (PIK-Prestwick) 82.9 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Arrochar
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the mountain views and such places to visit as Falls of Falloch and Loch Lomond. Additionally, you might want to add Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park to your agenda.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 14 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Arrochar. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Loch Long Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Arrochar Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. This 2-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free parking.
- The Tarbet Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with cable TV. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and room size.
A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Benmore Botanic Garden, located 18 mi (28.9 from the center of the city.
Getting Around Arrochar
To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Arrochar & Tarbet Station or Arrochar Ardlui Station. Arrochar might not have many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Arrochar
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 49°F and the nighttime average to be 34°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 65°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September averages 66°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 57°F during the day and 35°F at night
- About 52.09 inches of rain falls on Arrochar each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 65°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 35°F