Search Helensburgh, Scotland Hotels from AU$89
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 29 Jan. 2020
Reviewed on 16 Aug. 2020
Visitors to Helensburgh are sure to enjoy the gardens and bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's golf courses, monuments, and waterfront. Top sights around the area include Benmore Botanic Garden and Paisley Abbey.
- There are 23 hotels and other accommodations in Helensburgh
- The closest major airport is in Glasgow (GLA-Glasgow Intl.) 24.3 from the city center
- The next closest is in Glasgow (PIK-Prestwick) 55.7 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Helensburgh
Notable city landmarks like Hill House and St. Modan's Church might be worth a visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Kilcreggan Ferry Terminal and Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 23 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Helensburgh. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Knockderry Country House Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Rosslea Hall Hotel - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Ardencaple Hotel - This 3-star inn features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Benmore Botanic Garden, located 9.7 mi (15.6 from the heart of the city, and Paisley Abbey, which is 16.4 mi (26.4 away.
Getting Around Helensburgh
If you want to journey outside of the city, ride aboard a train from Helensburgh Central Station, Helensburgh Upper Station, or Craigendoran Station. Helensburgh might not have as many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Helensburgh
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 49°F and the nighttime average to be 34°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 65°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September averages 66°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 57°F during the day and 35°F at night
- Helensburgh gets about 52.09 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 65°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 35°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Helensburgh?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Helensburgh, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Helensburgh?
What's the best hotel for a romantic holiday to Helensburgh?
Recent Reviews in Helensburgh
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Helensburgh airport?
- Where to stay near top Helensburgh attractions?
- More accommodation types in Helensburgh
- Which hotel chains are in Helensburgh?
- What are the most popular hotels in Helensburgh?
- Are there hotels near Helensburgh?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends