History buffs will enjoy exploring Inveraray, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Quaint and welcoming, this city also attracts tourists with its bars. A top sight in the area is Benmore Botanic Garden.
- There are 7 hotels and other accommodations in Inveraray
- The closest major airport is in Glasgow (GLA-Glasgow Intl.) 56.8 from the city center
- The next closest is in Glasgow (PIK-Prestwick) 85.2 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Inveraray
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Inveraray Jail, Arctic Penguin, and Inveraray Castle. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Inverary Maritime Centre and Inveraray Maritime Museum.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Inveraray. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Brambles Restaurant with Rooms - Amenities at this 4-star hotel include a restaurant and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and helpful staff.
- Loch Fyne Hotel And Spa - Our customers like the breakfast and pool at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- The Inveraray Inn - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
A popular place to see outside the city is Benmore Botanic Garden, located 14.6 mi (23.4 from the city center.
Dressing for Inveraray
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 49°F during the day and 34°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 65°F, while the average at night is 39°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 66°F with nighttime averages of 47°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 57°F and nighttime averages of 35°F
- About 52.09 inches of rain falls on Inveraray each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 65°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 35°F