Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Ahwahnee, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the forests and coffeehouses. The relaxing and tucked away setting also entices those visiting the city. A top sight in the area is Mariposa Grove.
- There are 6 hotels and other accommodations in Ahwahnee
- The closest major airport is in Mariposa, CA (RMY-Mariposa-Yosemite) 31.9 from the city center
- The next closest is in Fresno, CA (FAT-Fresno Yosemite Intl.) 66.2 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ahwahnee
Mariposa Grove is a notable place to visit in the region. Additionally, you'll find Golden Chain Theater and Children's Museum of the Sierra in the area.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Ahwahnee. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Inn the Woods Suites - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and helpful staff.
- Homestead Cottages - Our customers like the quiet location and helpful staff at this resort. With a stay at this 3-star resort, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Natures Inn Bed and Breakfast Yosemite - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Ahwahnee
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 66°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 37°F
- From April to June, the average is 93°F during the day and 44°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 37°F at night
- Ahwahnee gets about 29.25 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 95°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 38°F