Families will find kid-friendly activities in Oakhurst, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and beautiful parks. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its cafés. A top sight in the area is Mariposa Grove.
- There are 39 hotels and other accommodations in Oakhurst
- The closest major airport is in Mariposa, CA (RMY-Mariposa-Yosemite) 39.2 from the city center
- The next closest is in Fresno, CA (FAT-Fresno Yosemite Intl.) 62.7 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Oakhurst
The hiking trails, parks, and mountain views highlight the city's natural beauty, and Fresno Flats Historical Park, Nelder Grove Trail, and Sierra National Forest are worth a visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Children's Museum of the Sierra and Golden Chain Theater.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 39 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Oakhurst. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Yosemite Scenic Wonders - Bass Lake Area - With a stay at this 4-star cabin, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a game room, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its location.
- Yosemite Sierra View - Our customers like the breakfast and room size at this B&B. With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Sierra Sky Ranch, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and helpful staff.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Glacier Point, located 27.7 mi (44.6 from the city center, and Half Dome, which is 29.5 mi (47.5 away.
Dressing for Oakhurst
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 66°F and the nighttime average to be 37°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 93°F during the day and 44°F at night
- July through September averages 85°F during the day and 37°F at night
- Oakhurst gets about 29.25 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 95°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 38°F