Visitors to Woonona are sure to enjoy the shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's beaches, festivals, and restaurants.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodations in Woonona
- The closest major airport is in Wollongong, NSW (WOL-Illawarra Regional) 25.9 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Woonona
Places to visit in the larger region include Bulli Lookout, Fairy Meadow Beach Park, and Sublime Point Lookout. Additionally, you'll find Wollongong Science Centre and Planetarium and University of Wollongong in the area.
Below is a top accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- Windmill Motel - With a stay at this 3-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and laundry facilities, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Woonona
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 78°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 60°F
- From April to June, the average is 73°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 68°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 77°F as the daytime average and 53°F as the nighttime average
- About 46.77 inches of rain falls on Woonona each year
- February and January are usually the hottest months averaging 78°F, while July and August are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 47°F