Families will find kid-friendly activities in Wells, and visitors give high marks for the cathedral and top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and quaint, this city also attracts tourists with its bars. Top sights in the city include Wells Cathedral and Wookey Hole.
- There are 38 hotels and other accommodations in Wells
- The closest major airport is in Bristol (BRS-Bristol Intl.) 20.1 from the city center
- The next closest is in Cardiff (CWL-Cardiff Intl.) 52.6 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Wells
The city is notable for its cathedral and landmarks like Wells Cathedral and Wells Bishop's Palace. Additionally, you might want to add Wookey Hole to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 38 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Wells. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Beryl - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and quiet location.
- Double-Gate Farm - Our customers like the breakfast and quiet location at this farm stay. This 4-star farm stay features a bar, a game room, and laundry facilities.
- Worth House - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and quiet location.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Roman Baths, located 17.2 mi (27.7 from the city center, and Bath Abbey, which is 17.3 mi (27.8 away.
Dressing for Wells
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 56°F during the day and 36°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 71°F, while the average at night is 43°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 73°F with nighttime averages of 51°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 63°F and nighttime averages of 37°F
- About 1.18 inches of rain falls on Wells each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 72°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 37°F