Families will find kid-friendly activities in Tamworth, and visitors give high marks for the theme park. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its ski areas. Around the area, top sights include Bullring Shopping Centre, Ashby de la Zouch Castle, and National Exhibition Centre.
- There are 12 hotels and other accommodations in Tamworth
- The closest major airport is in Birmingham (BHX) 20.7 from the city center
- The next closest is in East Midlands (EMA) 31.4 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Tamworth
Favorite family attractions include Drayton Manor Theme Park and Ash End House Children's Farm. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Tamworth Castle. Additionally, you might want to add The Snow Dome to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 12 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Tamworth. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Tamworth - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
- Drayton Manor Hotel - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 3 restaurants and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
- The Castle Hotel Tamworth - This 3-star hotel features free WiFi, a nightclub, and a bar. Expedia customers like its overall value and helpful staff.
Popular places to see in the area include Bullring Shopping Centre, located 14.3 mi (23 from the heart of the city, and International Convention Centre, which is 14.7 mi (23.6 away.
Getting Around Tamworth
If you want to journey outside of the area, hop aboard a train from Tamworth Station, Wilnecote Station, or Polesworth Station. Tamworth might not have many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Tamworth
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 51°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 35°F
- From April to June, the average is 66°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 68°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 58°F as the daytime average and 36°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Tamworth is 30.16 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 67°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 35°F