Search Split, Split-Dalmatia Hotels from AU$50
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
History buffs will enjoy exploring Split, and visitors give high marks for the local tours and bustling port. This city also attracts tourists with its cafés. Top sights in the city include Diocletian's Palace, Cathedral of Saint Domnius, and Gregory of Nin Statue.
- There are 538 hotels and other accommodations in Split
- The closest major airport is in Split (SPU) 11.8 from the city center
- The next closest is in Brac Island (BWK) 31.1 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Split
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Diocletian's Palace, Cathedral of Saint Domnius, and Gregory of Nin Statue. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Marjan Hill, Bacvice Beach, and Meje Beach. Top activities include boating and taking local tours, while Port of Split, Split Marina, and Strozanac Marina are favorite sights to visit.
In Split, you'll be able to select from 538 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- LANTERNA ROOMS - Guests who stay at this 4-star guesthouse in Split Old Town can enjoy access to a terrace and a 24-hour front desk, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and room size.
- Balatura Split Luxury Rooms - Our customers like the comfortable beds and location at this B&B. This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and parking.
- Heritage Hotel Antique Split - This 4-star bed & breakfast in Split Old Town features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free valet parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Other top sights in Split include Mestrovic Gallery. Top places to visit outside the city include Salona Ruins, located 3.1 mi (4.9 from the heart of the city, and Kamerlengo Fortress, which is 9.7 mi (15.6 away.
Getting Around Split
With so many choices for transportation, exploring all of Split is easy. To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Split Station. You can learn about your options for water transportation at the local marina.
Dressing for Split
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 60°F during the day and 42°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 83°F, while the average at night is 49°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 86°F with nighttime averages of 61°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 73°F and nighttime averages of 42°F
- Split gets about 1.26 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 84°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 42°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Split?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Split, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Split?
What's the best accommodation option for a family holiday to Split?
What's the best accommodation for couples in Split?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Split?
What's the best accommodation option to stay near the beach in Split?
What's the best luxury place to stay in Split?
What's the best boutique hotel in Split?
What's the best accommodation in Split that's close to historical sites?
Recent Reviews in Split
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Split airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Split?
- Where to stay near top Split attractions?
- More accommodation types in Split
- What kind of hotels are in Split?
- Which hotel chains are in Split?
- What are the most popular hotels in Split?
- Are there hotels near Split?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends