Families will find kid-friendly activities in Sparks, and visitors give high marks for the casinos, top-notch restaurants, and bustling marina. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its shopping, entertainment choices, and cafés. Around the area, top sights include National Automobile Museum, National Bowling Stadium, and Nevada Museum of Art.
- You'll find 74 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Reno
- The closest major airport is in Reno, NV (RNO-Reno-Tahoe Intl.) 3.5 from the city center
- The next closest is in Truckee, CA (TKF-Truckee Tahoe) 41 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sparks
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Outlets at Legends Sparks is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Victorian Square and Sparks Heritage Museum.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 12 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Sparks. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Reno Sparks - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Western Village Inn & Casino - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and breakfast at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a casino and 4 restaurants, along with free WiFi.
- Nugget Casino Resort - This 3.5-star resort features a casino, 5 restaurants, and an indoor pool. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Top places to see in the area include National Automobile Museum, located 2.7 mi (4.3 from the heart of the city, and National Bowling Stadium, which is 2.9 mi (4.7 away.
Getting Around Sparks
With so many choices for transportation, seeing all of Sparks is a breeze. To venture out into the surrounding area, ride aboard one of the trains from Sparks Station. You can learn about water travel options at the marina.
Dressing for Sparks
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 62°F during the day and 22°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 88°F, while the average at night is 33°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 93°F with nighttime averages of 40°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 78°F and nighttime averages of 22°F
- Average annual rainfall for Sparks is 7.36 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 90°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 23°F