Visitors to Genoa are sure to enjoy the hot springs, spas, and restaurants. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its lakeside. Around the area, top sights include Stewart Indian School, Heavenly Ski Resort, and Nevada State Railroad Museum.
- You'll find 283 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Carson City
- The closest major airport is in Lake Tahoe, CA (TVL) 20 from the city center
- The next closest is in Truckee, CA (TKF-Truckee Tahoe) 42.9 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Genoa
The city's hot springs and lakeside provide a picturesque setting and places to visit include Mormon Station State Historic Park. Additionally, you might want to add Genoa Courthouse Museum to your agenda.
Here's a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- David Walley's Resort - This 3-star condo resort features 2 outdoor pools, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and overall value.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Stewart Indian School, located 8 mi (12.9 from the heart of the city, and Heavenly Ski Resort, which is 8 mi (12.9 away.
Dressing for Genoa
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 62°F and the nighttime average to be 17°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 89°F during the day and 27°F at night
- July through September averages 93°F during the day and 34°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 78°F during the day and 17°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Genoa is 7.68 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 18°F