Search Santa Barbara, California Hotels from AU$153
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Visiting Santa Barbara
History buffs will enjoy exploring Santa Barbara, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, array of wineries, and top-notch restaurants. This walkable city also attracts tourists with its shopping and gardens. Top sights in the city include Presidio Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara County Courthouse, and Mission Santa Barbara.
- There are 298 hotels and other accommodations in Santa Barbara
- The closest major airport is in Santa Barbara, CA (SBA-Santa Barbara Municipal) 12.6 from the city center
- The next closest is in Santa Ynez, CA (SQA) 40.3 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Santa Barbara
The city's cultural venues include Santa Barbara Museum of Art and Santa Barbara Natural History Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Presidio Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara County Courthouse, and Mission Santa Barbara. The beaches, sunsets, and gardens highlight the city's natural beauty, and Santa Barbara Botanical Garden, Lotusland, and El Capitan Lake are worth a visit.
In Santa Barbara, you'll be able to select from 298 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Caravan Outpost - Amenities in this 2-star accommodation include a kitchen and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and location.
- Spanish Garden Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and convenient parking at this hotel. This 4-star hotel in Santa Barbara Urban Wine Trail features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Buellton/Santa Ynez Valley - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other top sights in Santa Barbara include Santa Barbara Zoo. Outside the city, popular places to visit include Mission San Buenaventura, located 24.8 mi (40 from the city center, and Ventura Pier, which is 25.3 mi (40.8 away.
Getting Around Santa Barbara
If you want to journey outside of the city, hop aboard a train from Santa Barbara Station, Goleta Station, or Carpinteria Station. Santa Barbara may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Santa Barbara
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 66°F and the nighttime average to be 40°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 72°F during the day and 46°F at night
- July through September averages 73°F during the day and 40°F at night
- Santa Barbara gets about 17.09 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually September and August with an average temperature of 74°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 41°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Santa Barbara?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Santa Barbara, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Santa Barbara?
What's the best accommodation option for a family holiday to Santa Barbara?
What's the best accommodation for couples in Santa Barbara?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Santa Barbara?
What's the best place to stay to stay near the beach in Santa Barbara?
What's the best high-end hotel in Santa Barbara?
What's the best boutique-style accommodation in Santa Barbara?
What's the best accommodation for a golf trip to Santa Barbara?
What's the best accommodation in Santa Barbara to absorb the local history?
Recent Reviews in Santa Barbara
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Santa Barbara airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Santa Barbara?
- Where to stay near top Santa Barbara attractions?
- More accommodation types in Santa Barbara
- What kind of hotels are in Santa Barbara?
- Which hotel chains are in Santa Barbara?
- What are the most popular hotels in Santa Barbara?
- Are there hotels near Santa Barbara?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends