Upscale lodging choices in Saint-Emilion make it a great destination for luxury-minded travelers, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the wineries, local tours, and spas. This city also attracts tourists with its small-town vibe.
- There are 16 hotels and other accommodations in Saint-Emilion
- The closest major airport is in Bordeaux (BOD-Merignac) 41.9 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Saint-Emilion
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Collegiate Church of Saint-Emillion, Saint-Emilion Bell Tower, and Saint-Emilion Monolithic Church. Wine tasting, taking local tours, and biking are top activities, while sights to visit include Chateau Ausone. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Le Donjon du Roy and Gate of Cadene.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 16 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Saint-Emilion. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hostellerie De Plaisance - This 5-star hotel features a winery, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and helpful staff.
- Maison de la Commanderie - Our customers like the location at this hotel. Amenities at this 2-star hotel include a terrace and free WiFi.
- Chateau Hotel & Spa Grand Barrail - This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Getting Around Saint-Emilion
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Saint-Emilion Station. Saint-Emilion might not have as many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Saint-Emilion
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 61°F during the day and 35°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 76°F, while the average at night is 41°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 78°F with nighttime averages of 50°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 69°F and nighttime averages of 36°F
- Average annual rainfall for Saint-Emilion is 35.91 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 77°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 36°F