Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Parachute, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's mountain views and cafés.
- You'll find 71 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Glenwood Springs
- The closest major airport is in Grand Junction, CO (GJT-Grand Junction Regional) 55.4 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Parachute
The picturesque setting of Parachute Community Park and Cottonwood Park exemplify the city's natural beauty. Skydiving is a top activity, and Battlement Mesa Golf Club is one place to visit. Additionally, you'll find De Beque City Park and De Beque Town Hall in the area.
Below is a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Candlewood Suites PARACHUTE - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a 24-hour fitness center, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Parachute
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 62°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 10°F
- From April to June, the average is 90°F during the day and 28°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 93°F during the day and 37°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 75°F as the daytime average and 10°F as the nighttime average
- About 13.43 inches of rain falls on Parachute each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 90°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 13°F