Visiting Ongata Rongai
Travelers to Ongata Rongai will find plenty to explore and enjoy. A top sight in the area is Moi International Sports Centre.
- You'll find 346 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Nairobi
- The closest major airport is in Nairobi (WIL-Wilson) 12 from the city center
- The next closest is in Nairobi (NBO-Jomo Kenyatta Intl.) 21.4 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ongata Rongai
Moi International Sports Centre is a notable place to visit in the region. Additionally, you'll find AFEW Giraffe Centre and Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage in the area.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Ongata Rongai. Here are a few of the places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- The Siron Place Hotel is located in the heart of Ongata Rongai. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Ongata Rongai can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
- Osoita Lodge is 2.4 mi from the city's heart. This 3-star lodge in Ongata Rongai features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- The Smith Hotel is located within 0.5 mi of the city center. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Ongata Rongai can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
Dressing for Ongata Rongai
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 79°F and the nighttime average to be 54°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 76°F during the day and 53°F at night
- July through September averages 75°F during the day and 52°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 75°F during the day and 54°F at night
- About 37.72 inches of rain falls on Ongata Rongai each year
- Hottest months are usually February and March with an average temperature of 78°F, while the coldest months are August and September with an average of 52°F