Visiting New Caledonia (all)
Families will find kid-friendly activities in New Caledonia (all), though many visitors give high marks for the beaches, restaurants, and shopping. This relaxing, seaside city also attracts visitors with its sporting events and snorkeling.
- There are 29 hotels and other accommodations in New Caledonia (all)
- Closest major airport is in Noumea (NOU-Tontouta Intl.) 138.2 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in New Caledonia (all)
Popular family attractions include Noumea Zoo and Botanical Gardens and Aquarium des Lagons. The beach and seaside highlight the natural beauty, and Poindimie Community Sports Fields, Poindimie Beach, and Roche Percee Beach are some places worth a visit. With 29 hotels and other accommodations in New Caledonia (all), you'll find a vacation retreat at an affordable rate.
- Le Méridien Ile des Pins - Amenities at this 5-star hotel include a full-service spa and a private beach. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
- Chateau Royal Beach Resort and Spa - Amenities at this 4-star hotel include a full-service spa and an in-room kitchen. Our customers like its helpful staff and beach locale.
- Hotel Le Lagon Noumea - Amenities at this 3.5-star resort include a full-service spa and a restaurant. Visitors like its pool and helpful staff.
Dressing for New Caledonia (all)
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 86°F during the day and 69°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 83°F, while the average at night is 59°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 79°F with nighttime averages of 58°F
- In October–December, you can expect daytime averages of 86°F and nighttime averages of 60°F
- About 1.22 inches of rain falls on New Caledonia (all) each year
- Hottest months are usually February and January with an average temperature of 86°F while the coldest months are August and July with an average of 58°F