Travelers to Narita give high marks for the temples, shopping, and top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its local tours, cafés, and festivals.
- There are 23 hotels and other accommodations in Narita
- The closest major airport is in Tokyo (NRT-Narita Intl.) 5.2 from the city center
- The next closest is in Ibaraki (IBR) 40.8 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Narita
Well known for its festivals, the city's cultural venues include Naritasan Calligraphy Museum, Narita Tourist Pavilion, and Narita Yokan Museum. Its temples and monuments are notable and landmarks include Naritasan Shinshoji Temple, Daijion Temple, and Komikado Shrine. Shopping is a favorite activity, so consider an excursion to Narita Omotesando and Narita Wholesale Market.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 23 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Narita. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Wakamatsu Honten - This 3.5-star ryokan features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and helpful staff.
- Richmond Hotel Narita - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and overall value at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a bar.
- Comfort Hotel Narita - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
Getting Around Narita
If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Chiba Kuzumi Station, Narita Airport Terminal 2 Station, or Higashi-Narita Station. Narita might not have as many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Narita
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 57°F during the day and 35°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 76°F, while the average at night is 47°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 84°F with nighttime averages of 64°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 73°F and nighttime averages of 38°F
- About 1.93 inches of rain falls on Narita each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 81°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 37°F