Search Montreal, Quebec Hotels from AU$74
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 1 Nov. 2020
Where to stay in Montreal
4/5Very Good!(58 area reviews)
Visit this exciting urban district to enjoy exclusive shopping, fine dining, and festivals before exploring one of the world’s largest underground complexes.
4.5/5Wonderful!(27 area reviews)
Visit this historic Montreal district to explore a wealth of cultural treasures including archaeological sites, ancient churches, museums, theatres and more.
Plateau Mont Royal
4/5Very Good!(2 area reviews)
Explore the cutting-edge art galleries, kick back in one of the many hip cafés or shop til you drop in the fashionable boutiques of this bohemian neighbourhood.
4/5Very Good!(5 area reviews)
Enjoy delectable cuisine, vibrant street art and friendly locals in this gay district, where drag shows and techno DJs bring the night to life.
3/5(2 area reviews)
From the old port up to the mountain in a park, Montreal’s historic center is rich in beauty and bustling with activity.
Travelers to Montreal give high marks for the interesting architecture, fascinating museums, and renowned art. Tourists who journey to this vibrant city can discover its cathedral, live music, and theaters. Top sights in the city include Notre Dame Basilica, Saint Joseph's Oratory, and Christ Church Cathedral.
- There are 936 hotels and other accommodations in Montreal
- The closest major airport is in Montreal, QC (YHU-St. Hubert) 10.9 from the city center
- The next closest is in Montreal, QC (YUL-Pierre Elliott Trudeau Intl.) 15 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Montreal
Known for its museums, art, and live music, the city's cultural venues include Biosphere, Montreal Biodome, and Orchestre Metropolitain de Montreal. Its cathedral and monuments are notable and landmarks include Notre Dame Basilica, Saint Joseph's Oratory, and Christ Church Cathedral. The picturesque setting of Mount Royal Park and Montreal Botanical Garden exemplify the city's natural beauty.
In Montreal, there are 936 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Alexandre Logan 1870 B&B - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this B&B. This 3.5-star bed & breakfast in Gay Village features free breakfast, free WiFi, and a terrace.
- Le Terra Nostra B&B - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and concierge services, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Other favorite sights in Montreal include Bell Centre, Percival Molson Memorial Stadium, and Bonsecours Market.
Getting Around Montreal
With so many choices for transportation, seeing Montreal is easy. You can access metro transit at Square Victoria Station, McGill Station, and Bonaventure Station. If you want to journey outside of the city, ride aboard a train from Montreal Central Station, Montreal Lucien-L'Allier Station, or Montreal Vendome Station.
Dressing for Montreal
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 44°F during the day and 4°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 79°F, while the average at night is 26°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 81°F with nighttime averages of 43°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 63°F and nighttime averages of 11°F
- Montreal gets about 1.42 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 78°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 9°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Montreal?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Montreal, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Montreal?
What's the best accommodation option when travelling with children to Montreal?
What's the best accommodation for a couple visiting Montreal?
What is the top LGBTQ-friendly place to stay in Montreal?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Montreal?
What's the best accommodation option for a beach holiday in Montreal?
What's the best luxury hotel in Montreal?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in Montreal?
What's the best place to stay if I'm looking to play golf in Montreal?
Recent Reviews in Montreal
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Montreal airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Montreal?
- Where to stay near top Montreal attractions?
- More accommodation types in Montreal
- What kind of hotels are in Montreal?
- Which hotel chains are in Montreal?
- What are the most popular hotels in Montreal?
- Are there hotels near Montreal?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends