Search Meiringen, Bern Hotels from AU$201
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 17 Oct. 2020
Reviewed on 24 Jan. 2020
Visitors can enjoy all that Meiringen has to offer including the ski areas, waterfalls, and local tours. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its monuments. Around the area, top sights include Eiger, Jungfraujoch, and Trummelbach Falls.
- There are 6 hotels and other accommodations in Meiringen
- The closest major airport is in Bern (BRN-Belp) 56.2 from the city center
- The next closest is in Zurich (ZRH) 85.5 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Meiringen
Favorite places to visit in the city include Sherlock Holmes Museum, Meiringen-Hasliberg Cable Car, and Swiss Alps. In the area, you'll also find Eiger and Jungfraujoch.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Meiringen. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Victoria - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Das Hotel Sherlock Holmes - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an indoor pool.
- Infopoint - Apartments, Chalet & Motel Brünig-Silvana - With a stay at this 3-star aparthotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free parking, along with WiFi.
One of the top places to see outside the city is Trummelbach Falls, located 16.9 mi (27.3 from the center of the city.
Getting Around Meiringen
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Meiringen Station. Meiringen might not have as many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Meiringen
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 50°F during the day and 26°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 70°F, while the average at night is 36°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 73°F with nighttime averages of 47°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 59°F and nighttime averages of 28°F
- About 1.02 inches of rain falls on Meiringen each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 71°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 28°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Meiringen?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Meiringen, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay for a family trip to Meiringen?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Meiringen?
Where's the best place to stay for a winter holiday in Meiringen?
Recent Reviews in Meiringen
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Meiringen airport?
- Where to stay near top Meiringen attractions?
- More accommodation types in Meiringen
- What kind of hotels are in Meiringen?
- Which hotel chains are in Meiringen?
- What are the most popular hotels in Meiringen?
- Are there hotels near Meiringen?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends